The Apostles is a collection of the catecheses Pope Benedict XVI gave during his weekly General Audiences in 2006 and 2007. The talks were given in either St. Peter’s Square or, in less favorable weather, the Paul VI Hall next to St. Peter’s Basilica.
Below are excerpts from a study guide written by Amy Welborn and available for free download here.
Below are some of questions for the first session on the Apostle Peter.
Questions for Study
6. In what sense does Peter’s denial of Jesus and his confession make him “ready for his mission”?
7. What does the post-Resurrection conversation of Jesus and Peter reveal about Jesus’ presence in our lives and what he expects of us?
8. What is unusual about Peter’s new name? What does it mean?
9. What are some of the signs of Peter’s special prominence among the Apostles that we read about in the Gospels?
10. What images in the Gospel express the term “primacy of jurisdiction”? What does it mean?